Sunday, October 13, 2013

Take A Knee!!!!



I watched a movie the other day that kind of bombed in The Box Office, but I liked a lot. It has some really great examples of how we can be led by The Holy Spirit and what to do when we seem to be under siege of the enemy and circumstances.

The Movie was "After Earth". I highly suggest it for every prayer warrior and person of faith. I don't want to give too much away for those who have not seen it, but I do feel led to mention two main aspects of the movie that we can use in our walk and our battles of faith.

One is how the main Character explains FEAR. How fear is an irrational thought of a future event that may or may not happen. That fear is a choice. Danger may be very real, but fear is a choice.

 He teaches the one he is watching over to be in the moment, not to think about what is ahead, or what may happen, but to know his surroundings now, and that takes me to the next, and most important thing we can learn from this movie:

Take a Knee.

He tells the one he is watching over that when he is getting scared, when danger seems to be overcoming him, when emotions are winning out, to Take A Knee, calm down, take an inventory of himself, is he injured, what tools and weapons does he have at his disposal, what are his immediate surroundings. Not his emotions, his feelings or anything else, but what he has right now in this moment.

How many of us would avoid so much trouble, if, when we are faced with danger, real or imagined, we took a knee, hooked up with The Holy Spirit and took inventory of what He has given us.

What mistakes would be avoided, what would we have not run from. In one part of the movie as the main character is watching his son run from something, he has to yell at him to Take A Knee..he yells "You are running from NOTHING, There is NOTHING chasing you! Take A Knee!"

I know there are many things in my past, that if I would have just taken a knee, hooked up with God, forgot about what I was feeling,being tempted by, afraid of, I would have not made so many mistakes.

If you haven't seen the movie watch it in this light. Next time temptation or fear tries to overtake you, just take a knee,TAKE AN INVENTORY OF WHAT HE HAS MADE YOU AND GIVEN YOU(Speak His Word) get quiet with God in PRAYER, and do just what He says.

Some of you need to hear this right now(I know I did)
Don't do anything out of fear or uncertainty of The Future.

So?

TAKE A KNEE SOLDIER!! You are a Kneeling Warrior!       To help you along your way. I want to recommend the two books that I think go great together for those walking the walk. Both are on the sidebar to the right.

The Kneeling Warrior by David Ireland

The Transformed Life by John R Carter


   

No comments:

Post a Comment