Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trust and Your Soul

There are times in life where our soul gets tired and weary. Whether we are dealing with our own life issues, or the onslaught of the images of  pain and death that is in the world, they can become a heavy burden for our soul to carry. Possibly we have let our soul slip from the presence of God and in turn have allowed the waters in our heart to become muddy from the sin in the world and the pulls of the flesh.


No matter the reason why we sometimes, and for some often times, find our soul in turmoil and emotional distress, there is hope and absolutely no condemnation.


Lets look at King David. The man that God said was the apple of his eye. A man loved and blessed by God. One of the most blessed men that we see in The Word. Yet we see something else about him. He had regular and ongoing battles in the soul.
 

He had times where he went about sighing all day and night. He had times where his soul was so cast down, he could not sleep, he could not think, all he could do was sigh in distress and soul pain. 

He saw the pain of the poor and it weighed heavy on him. He saw the prospering of the wicked and it troubled him greatly.

He knew the torment of a family and friends betrayal. He knew the horror of the death of his child in a way none of us could know. King David knew all to well the feeling that comes when we sin against God, when we choose pleasure over our LORD. King David knew depression and the weight of the world.


But what did he do that so many of us do not do. What did he continually and forcibly do. What is the one thing he knew to be true, that no matter what he was facing or feeling, he knew that if he did this one thing with all his heart, God would be right there?


He continually lifted up his voice to The Lord. He was not afraid to pray often and with passion. His psalms are powerful battle prayers. As he battled his own soul and the enemy of his soul, he did so with his prayers to God. 

He wasn't afraid to tell God what he was feeling. He wasn't afraid to challenge God on His word. He wasn't afraid to cry out on behalf of the poor and say "how long oh god, how long will you watch the wicked oppress the poor". He wasn't afraid to tell The Lord what he was feeling. He would cry out..."day and night I go about sighing, when will you deliver me from the hand of my enemy.."


If a legalistic christian would take a glancing look at the prayer life of a man who prayed this way today they would say he wasn't in faith, that his prayers were all full of unbelief. But, I tell you this, there was no more powerful pray-er than King David, There are no battle prayers that even come close to they way he prayed.  He lifted up his soul to the throne of grace, he knew how absolutely helpless he was without The Lord.... Then.........


He declared the goodness of The Lord and put all His Trust in Him....

My friend, when you feel broken cry out to Him, and put your trust in Him. When you feel lost, cry out to Him and put your trust in Him. When you feel unworthy and unclean, cry out to Him and put your trust in Him. The feeling may not leave right away, but step by step march to victory in prayer. Our God is faithful and we can trust Him. What we feel and what we see is secondary. We serve and are children of The creator of all things and He is trustworthy!!


This is faith, to lift up your soul and situation to The Lord, even cry out in distress, and then say. I trust you LORD!! You are faithful. Then begin, just as David did to declare His faithfulness and ability to deliver!

 

 Psalm 5:11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
 
Psalm 7:1 [ A Meditation of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite. ] O LORD my God, in You I put my trust;Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me,

Psalm 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Psalm 11:1 [ To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. ] In the LORD I put my trust;How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain”?
 
Psalm 13:5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

Psalm 16:1 [ A Michtam of David. ] Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.
 
Psalm 17:7 Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,O You who save those who trust in YouFrom those who rise up against them.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect;The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psalm 21:7 For the king trusts in the LORD,And through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.

Psalm 22:4 Our fathers trusted in You;They trusted, and You delivered them.

Psalm 22:5 They cried to You, and were delivered;They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

Psalm 22:8 “ He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”

Psalm 22:9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.

Psalm 25:2 O my God, I trust in You;Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.

Psalm 25:20 Keep my soul, and deliver me;Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.


Psalm 26:1 [ A Psalm of David. ] Vindicate me, O LORD,For I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the LORD; I shall not slip.

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.


Psalm 31:1 [ To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. ] In You, O LORD, I put my trust;Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness.Psalm 31:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 31 (Whole Chapter)

Psalm 31:6 I have hated those who regard useless idols;But I trust in the LORD

 
Psalm 31:14 But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD;I say, “You are my God.”

Psalm 31:19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men!

Psalm 32:10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,Because we have trusted in His holy name.

Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Psalm 34:22 The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Psalm 36:7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.

Psalm 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD,Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 37:40 And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him.

Psalm 40:3 He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.

Psalm 40:4 Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust,And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Psalm 41:9 Even my own familiar friend in whom I trusted,Who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.

Psalm 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow,Nor shall my sword save me.

Psalm 49:6 Those who trust in their wealth And boast in the multitude of their riches,

Psalm 52:7 “Here is the man who did not make God his strength,But trusted in the abundance of his riches, And strengthened himself in his wickedness.”

Psalm 52:8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. 

Psalm 55:23 But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction;Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; But I will trust in You.

Psalm 56:3 Whenever I am afraid,I will trust in You.

Psalm 56:4 In God (I will praise His word),In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? 

Psalm 56:11 In God I have put my trust;I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Psalm 57:1 [ –To the Chief Musician. Set to “Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave. ] Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed BY
 
Psalm 61:4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah
 
Psalm 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
 
Psalm 62:10 Do not trust in oppression,Nor vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, Do not set your heart on them.

Psalm 64:10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and trust in Him.And
ll the upright in heart shall glory.
 
Psalm 71:1 [ God the Rock of Salvation ] In You, O LORD, I put my trust;Let me never be put to shame.

Psalm 71:5 For You are my hope, O Lord GOD;You are my trust from my youth.

Psalm 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.
 
Psalm 78:22 Because they did not believe in God,And did not trust in His salvation.
 
Psalm 84:12 O LORD of hosts,Blessed is the man who trusts in You!
 
Psalm 86:2 Preserve my life, for I am holy;You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You!
 
Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;My God, in Him I will trust.”
 
Psalm 112:7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings;His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
 
Psalm 115:1 [ The Futility of Idols and the Trustworthiness of God ] Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us,But to Your name give glory, Because of Your mercy, Because of Your truth.
 
Psalm 115:8 Those who make them are like them;So is everyone who trusts in them.
 

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.
Psalm 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in princes.
 
Psalm 119:42 So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,For I trust in Your word.
 
Psalm 125:1 [ A Song of Ascents. ] Those who trust in the LORD Are like Mount Zion, Which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
 
Psalm 135:18 Those who make them are like them;So is everyone who trusts in them.
 
Psalm 143:8 Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning,For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.

Psalm 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes,Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment