Friday, February 14, 2014

Here We Go!!!!



A confession came to my heart today, during a time of prayer, driving around a large lake here in Upstate New York. It is a drive I take when I just have to get away from everything. It is roughly a 45-50 mile drive I think, and besides taking a walk at a local nature center here, it is my favorite prayer place.

"The Lord has anointed us with The Holy Spirit and Power, so that through us, He is continuing to go about doing good and healing all who are oppressed and harassed of the devil, for God is with us."

You can,as I did today put those you are praying for into this confession of faith.

"The Lord has anointed Abundant Life Christian Center, her leaders and her people, with The Holy Spirit and Power, so that through us, He is continuing to go about doing Good and Healing all who are oppressed and harassed of the devil, for God is with us"

Notice that The Lord never stopped His Ministry after His ascension. Matter of fact, the miracles and power we see demonstrated come from Him. We are just vessels for Him to operate through. 

There are countless scriptures I could use, but these came to my heart.

Just a side note from my drive. I passed a sign that said:
"PLEASE IGNORE GOD, THEN BLAME HIM FOR THE CHAOS THAT RESULTS"
Interesting, not related, but interesting.
 



          Isaiah 42:1-5

             New International Version (NIV)

“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
    my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
    and he will bring justice to the nations.
 He will not shout or cry out,
    or raise his voice in the streets.
 A bruised reed he will not break,
    and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
     he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
    In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

This is what God the Lord says—

the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,
    who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,
    who gives breath to its people,
    and life to those who walk on it:



           Luke 4:18-19

              New International Version (NIV)
 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,

19     to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.


Mark 16:15-20

New International Version (NIV)
 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;  they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.  Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.


Acts 10:38

New International Version (NIV)
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.



Acts 3:1-7

New International Version (NIV)

One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.



Acts 14:3

New International Version (NIV)

So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.









No comments:

Post a Comment